Get a glimpse into the future in Power Plant, another impressive offering from Yggdrasil Gaming. This future-themed video slot is played using a 5 reel, 8 row game engine that offers 82 paylines. Also on offer are plenty of tasty respin features. Play from 25p to £250 per spin on all devices – it’s portrait-mode friendly meaning it’s best played on a smartphone device (i.e. iPhone).
There’s usually little cause to grumble when it comes to the design of Yggdrasil Gaming video slots and Power Plant is another cracker. It’s especially impressive when you play on your mobile phone. The gameplay centres on stacked symbols, especially the stacked wilds. Land a full stack of these and you’ll be awarded a respin with 1 of the following 4 features activated:
- Swapping Symbols feature – between 3 and 8 symbols anywhere on the reels will be replaced by a single matching symbol. A new payout is then made with the new symbols in play.
- Nudge Reels feature – the reels will nudge between 2 and 4 positions up or down to create the best possible winning combination. Full stacks of wilds will remain unmoved. Partial stacks of wilds can be moved though to impressive effect.
- Super Stack feature – 1 symbol is chosen at random and will appear on the reels in a super stacked formation during the respin.
- Acting Wild feature – 1 symbol is again chosen at random. This will become a second wild during the respin and appears in addition to the standard wild.
- Extra feature – this puts another 1 of the 4 mini modifiers listed above into play.
Each wild stack on the triggering spin unlocks a modifier. Land a full 4 stacks and your respins will come with all 4 extras added which can lead to some very impressive opportunities.
With its blend of classic, mechanical imagery and innovative gameplay, this is a typical Yggdrasil Gaming title. It’s not the most volatile game you’ll see though as the variance here is in the low to medium range so you should get plenty of play for your investment.
This is another impressive effort from the Scandi developer. The design is as high-end as usual and the respin extras offer plenty of action. Get lucky with the modifiers and this Power Plant can really get you steaming. I also recommend you try Wacky Races by Bally which is optimised for mobile play.