Another arrival in the series of video slots based on the world-famous board game is Monopoly Mega Movers. It’s a 5 reel, 30 payline game that comes with glossy design, expanding wilds and a spin the wheel bonus that awards spins with added wilds, up to 100 free spins and a chance to win 1 of 4 fixed jackpot prizes. Play on your desktop tablet or mobile from between 50p and £50 per spin.
Like most of the video slots in this series, the design in Monopoly Mega Movers has a shiny feel. The symbols on the reels will be familiar to anyone who has played the Monopoly board game – they include train, car, hat, battleship, dog, cat and duck tokens. They’re joined by a gold penguin and T-Rex and the most rewarding Mr Monopoly who pays 5 times your total bet if you land 5 in combination. The wild can hit on reels 2, 3 and 4 only – if you see an arrow, the wild will expand 1 position in the direction in which it is pointing.
The main bonus action comes via the Wheel feature which is triggered by landing 3 background symbols (which looks like rainfall) on adjacent reels on the same row. The goodies on offer from the wheel vary depending on how many background symbols activated the feature. The prize awarded depends on where the pointer wheel lands:
3 In A Row Wheel
- Wild Spin Bonus feature – 1free spin is awarded with 3 or 4 extra wilds guaranteed
- Free Spins Bonus feature – 5 or 7 free spins are awarded here
- Jackpot – Mini or Minor jackpots with 24 or 40 times your bet are on offer
- Upgrade – you could get an upgrade to the 4 In A Row Wheel
4 In A Row Wheel
- Wild Spin Bonus feature – 1 free spin is awarded with 4 or 5 extra wilds added
- Free Spins Bonus feature – you’ll receive 10 or 12 free spins
- Jackpot – you could land a Minor or Major jackpot which will give you 40 or 150 times your bet
- Upgrade – you get the chance to upgrade to the 5 In A Row Wheel
5 In A Row Wheel
- Wild Spin Bonus feature – the re-spins comes with between 5 and 12 extra wild symbols
- Free Spins Bonus feature – 15, 20 or 50 free spins are awarded
- Jackpot – You’ll have a chance to win a Major, Mega or Grand jackpot (for 150, 500 or 2,000 times your bet)
Increase your stakes in the base game by 25 coins per spin and you can activate the Extra Bet feature – this comes into its own when you do eventually trigger the Wheel feature. In return for your extra investment, you can look forward to even more wilds when you land the Random Wild spin or extra free spins (for example up to 100 in the 5 In A Row Wheel).
The video slots in the Monopoly franchise have been a bit of a mixed bag – Monopoly Mega Movers is one of the better ones. It’s straightforward to play (which can’t be said of all the titles in the series) but it can still serve up a good variety of bonus extras.
Fans of the original board game should find plenty to enjoy here. Even if Monopoly just reminds you of family feuds, the bonus wheel extras make this video slot version well worth a look. I also recommend you try Super Monopoly Money which is my personal favourite.