Part of Playtech’s epic sword and sorcery series, Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury comes with high spec design, some unusual gameplay (including the ability to buy features) and a chance to land 1 of 3 progressive jackpot prizes. Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury is a 5 reel, 20 payline video slot which you can play from between 10p and £1,000 per spin so it offers something for all budgets.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury: Join The 5 Mighty Warriors
An arid desert is the setting for Kingdoms Rise: Sands if Fury where band of mighty warriors and sorcerers will help you on your journey to treasure and jackpots. The visuals here are very high spec. With the dusty desert sands and an imposing fortress in the background you’ll see gemstones alongside 5 higher value character symbols. The best of the quintet is the woman sporting the ornate headdress. Land 3, 4 or 5 of her in combination for a payout of 80, 120 or 250 coins. All 5 characters also have a special wild version which pays 250 coins if you hit 5 in a line.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury: Character wilds deliver special extras
The game engine in Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury is a little unorthodox. Above the main 5 reel, 3 row setup, you’ll see another row. Each symbol window on this row of Feature Reels relates to a character. If a character wild hits in its own reel, it locks in position for the next spin. Known as the Wild Fury feature, what happens after that depends on what symbol lands in the character wild’s Feature Reel window. There are 4 symbols which deliver a different outcome.
- Crossed Swords – The Wild remains in place for the spin that follows.
- Character Symbol – All instances of the character on the same reel turn wild.
- 5 Re-spins Symbol – 5 re-spins are on offer with the Character Wilds locked.
- Chain – This unlocks the wilds and takes you back to the standard gameplay.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury: Gold tokens unlock more features
The initial feature allocation from the Wild Fury feature might look a little skinny. You can add to that by collecting special gold token symbols. These can appear randomly on any spin. Once you have 500 in the bank, you’ll be given the opportunity to buy a feature. To do this, head to the Kingdoms Rise shop and make your purchase.
- Wild Beast Respins feature – choose this and you’ll be awarded 5 respins with some special character wild extras. For 500 tokens. you’ll get 1 locked Character Wild on reels 4 or 5. 1,000 tokens will get you 2 character wilds which will be placed randomly on the reels. For 2,000 tokens, you’ll get 3, 4 or 5 locked character wilds. The Wild Fury feature triggers if you land a character wild on a reel that doesn’t have any locked character wilds. Look out for the Wild Beast which can add even more wilds here.
- The Queen’s Ritual Bonus feature – pay homage to Her Majesty in this pick me round. Simply choose to reveal a prize. Pay more tokens to get more picks and extra potential modifiers and prizes. 300 tokens will get you 3 picks. 750 tokens will get you 4 picks with the chance to land extra picks and a multiplier. 1,500 tokens will get you 5 picks with the chance to land extra picks, 2 multipliers and a Win All prize.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury: 3 Progressive Jackpots
On any spin you could land a bumper prize courtesy of the 3 progressive prizes up for grabs in the Kingdoms Rise Jackpot feature. Each one is slightly different. The Daily Strike must land by the time shown while the Power Strike must trigger before it reaches the amount shown. Best of the lot is the Epic Jackpot which doesn’t have any time or size restrictions.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury: cracking series from Playtech
With its Age of the Gods and DC comic book franchises, Playtech has form for creating very playable video slots series. Kingdoms Rise looks like being another exciting addition. Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury’s gameplay is a little unorthodox, especially the token collecting element to trigger the feature. Those features can be well worth hitting too. With its stunning visuals and sweeping soundtrack, Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury is a top game. My personal favourite is Kingdoms Rise: Forbidden Forest as it offers the biggest potential wins.