Join CIA man Stan and the rest of the Smith clan in American Dad, a 5 reel, 40 payline video slot from Playtech. Based on Seth McFarlane’s cult animated TV comedy, it comes with plenty of extras including re-spins plus free spins with stacked symbols, multipliers and an assortment of stacked and expanding wilds. Join the family from 40p per spin.
American Dad is the fruit of a collaboration between Playtech and Fox and it shows in the visuals which are very high end – the action takes place in a variety of settings from the TV show. The lower value A, K and Q symbols are joined by son and daughter Steve and Hayley, man-in-a-fish’s body Klaus and mom Francine. The top paying standard symbol is Stan who awards 250 coins if you land 5 on a payline.
Look out too for Roger the alien who is the wild – he replaces everything bar the Schmooblydong Bonus Wheel as well as offering payouts of 125, 300 or 750 coins in its own right.
Land the gloriously named Schmooblydong Bonus Wheel on reels 1 and 3 on the same spin and you’ll get a re-spin. Better still, add a third bonus symbol on reel 5 and you’ll trigger the Free Games feature.
The wheel on reel 1 determines which character bonus you’ll play with the wheels on reels 3 and 5 determining the power up potential and the number of free spins you’ll receive – this can be 3, 5, 8, 10 or 25 free spins. You’ll then begin spinning with 1 of the following extras in play:
- Stacking Stan – extra stacks featuring the top-paying Stan symbol are added to the reels. How long these stacks are determined by the spin of the wheel on reel 3.
- Francine’s Holy Grail – you’ll notice that some symbols during the free spins include a patch of Klaus the fish. If Francine lands on 1 of these patched symbols, she will transform into a stacked wild and fill the whole of that reel.
- Hayley’s Progressive Multiplier – on each free spin, daughter Hayley will collect a signature from a delivery man. Every time she does, a multiplier will increase. The starting multiplier is determined by the reel 3 wheel spin and can be 2x, 3x, 5x or 10x.
- Wheels and the Legman – the pair will travel across the reels with their wheelchair and leave a trail of wilds behind them.
- Roger’s Random Wilds – Roger the Alien is sick on the reels. His trails of vomit turn an assortment of 2, 3, 5 or 10 symbols wild per free spin.
As you’d hope from a collaboration between 2 industry giants, the design on display in American Dad is top drawer. The visuals are super sharp and will be familiar to anyone who has ever seen the TV show. The features are pretty good too and offer plenty of variety.
The extras can certainly deliver, especially if you land a good number of free spins and 1 of the higher-level modifiers – such as Roger’s Random Wilds or Hayley’s Progressive Multiplier. The TV version of American Dad is something of an acquired taste – whether you’re a fan or not, the wide range of bonus feature extras make this slot adaptation worth investigating. I also suggest you try Family Guy by IGT which shares the same creator (Seth MacFarlane).