The latest instalment in Playtech’s hugely popular myth and legend-themed video slot series is Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas. Centring on Poseidon, the ancient Greek God of the Sea, it’s a feature filled 5 reel, 30 payline video slot that comes with plenty of extras. Look out for respins and free spins that play out on 60 and 90 payline machines complete with modifiers that include multipliers, expanding wilds and transforming symbols. You’ll also have a chance to win 1 of 4 jackpot prizes. Play this medium to high variance game on all devices from 15p and £300 per spin.
The design in Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas is rather good. With the sea and skies in the background, you’ll see brightly coloured A to 10 symbols alongside a selection of symbols relating to the myth and legend theme. The best standard symbol is the bearded Poseidon who pays 3.33 times your bet if you land 5 on a payline.
There’s also a wild that replaces all the standard symbols as well as delivering payouts of up to 8.33 times your stake per line. The trident symbol is the scatter. This is the key to unlocking the game’s myriad features.
Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas benefits from 5 respins feature – these are triggered by landing 2 trident scatters on the same spin. The reels expand to 6 rows and 60 paylines. The trident scatter symbols are removed and turn into frames which can deliver a variety of modifier extras:
- Poseidon Respins feature – land a high value symbol in a yellow frame and it turns into a wild.
- Athena Respins feature – if a wild symbol hits in a red frame, it expands and turns 8 adjacent symbols wild.
- Medusa Respins feature – the purple frames here come with a multiplier value attached. If you land a winner that includes the purple frame, then it is removed and another respin is awarded.
- Cyclops Respins feature – land a wild in a green frame and it expands horizontally so all 5 symbols on the payline are wild.
- Pegasus Respins feature – land a low value symbol in a blue frame and all low value symbols elsewhere on the reels all turn into the same matching symbol.
Then there’s 5 free spins feature – these are triggered by landing 3 trident scatter symbols on the same spin. You’ll then have the pick of 5 different features which each award 5 free spins complete with a different modifier (they’re not all unlocked to begin with). They all take place on a new set of expanded reels that offer 90 paylines rather than the usual 30. The modifiers match what’s on offer in the r-spins:
- Pegasus Free Games feature – land a low value symbol in a blue frame and all low value symbols turn into the same symbol.
- Cyclops Free Games feature – a wild in a green frame turns a whole row wild.
- Medusa Free Games feature – land a winner in a purple frame and it receive a multiplier boost.
- Athena Free Games feature – a wild in a red frame spreads to 8 adjoining symbols.
- Poseidon Free Games feature – a high value symbol in a yellow frame turns all matching symbols into wilds.
Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas also offers a shot at landing a progressive jackpot prize. This bonus round can trigger at random following any paid spin. Match 3 jackpot symbols in this round and that’s the prize you’ll win. The Ultimate Power Jackpot is life-changing!
This is another impressive addition to the Age of the Gods franchise. The design is top notch as usual. There are plenty of extras on offer from the gameplay too which makes it a good pick if you like a variety of features. Throw the medium to high variance into the mix as well as the potential jackpot action and we’re happy to set sail with the Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas.
You could also win 7,500 times your bet on every free spin (from the multipliers in the Medusa Free Games feature). I also suggest you try Age of the Gods: Mighty Midas which is equally impressive.