Blast off into space with a crew of cartoon aliens in Reactoonz, a cascading reels video slot from Play ’N Go. Played on a 7×7 grid, winning combinations fill up energy meters to unleash a quartet of modifier extras. The Gargantoon alien also adds giant 3×3 wilds into play. Play this high variance game on all devices from 20p to £100 per spin.
Reactoonz is the sequel to the low-variance Energoonz and Play ’N Go has kept things fairly similar to the original in this second interstellar adventure. The action takes place on an expanded 7×7 cascading reels game engine. Winning combinations are created by landing clusters of at least 5 matching symbols.
There are 8 alien symbols on show as well as a swirling vortex which is the wild. Following a winning spin, the successful symbols are blasted off the reels and new symbols drop into their place. These cascades keep on coming as long as there’s a new winning combo on show. Each time you land a winning cascade, you’ll fill up 1 of 5 meters. Once a meter is full, it will go live following the next winless cascade and award 1 of the following extras:
- Implosion feature – anywhere from 3 to 6 symbols will become wild. Symbols adjacent to them are destroyed too.
- Alteration feature – a lower value one-eyed alien is selected. All examples of this symbol then morph into the same matching symbol.
- Demolition feature – all one-eyed symbols and all matching symbols on the grid are destroyed and a new cascade follows.
- Incision feature – a wild symbol in the centre is chopped in half to create a pair of intersecting diagonal lines. A matching symbol is added on both lines.
Once you’ve managed to fill all 5 meters, you’ll bring the Gargantoon feature into play. This three-eyed monster forms a giant 3×3 wild to the reels. When no more cascades are available, it transforms into a pair of 2×2 symbols. When no more cascades are possible, it turns into nine 1×1 symbols.
There’s also 3 randomly triggered base game features to take advantage of:
- Instability feature – the Gargantoon can also randomly add between 4 and 8 wilds if you have a winless spin.
- Giantoonz feature – hitting a 2×2 square combination creates a Gargantoon. If this makes up part of a winning combo, that payout is doubled.
- Fluctuation feature – on each spin, a single one-eyed alien is the nominated fluctuating symbol. When this symbol forms part of a winner, it leaves a pair of wilds in its wake once it’s destroyed.
That sounds like a lot to get your head round. Indeed, there is a great variety on offer here. It’s all pretty straightforward after a few spins though. Play ’N Go games are usually well designed and this is no exception. The cute, alien graphics might fool you into thinking that this is a gentle offering. It’s most definitely not – this is a super volatile game with wins of up to 4,570 times your bet on each cascade.
The original Energoonz video slot combined elements of social games and video slots to good effect. Play ‘N Go has done the same with Reactoonz. If you’re looking for a game that offers something a little unusual as far as gameplay is concerned but can still pack a potentially big payout punch, then Reactoonz is certainly worth investigating.