Play ’N Go has further cemented its position as the go to developer for super high variance video slots with Contact. This 5 reel, clusters pays game has a strong Mayan theme and comes with cascading reels and free spins with symbol upgrades and multipliers. Play from between 20p and £100 per spin.
As usual for a Play ’N Go video slot, there’s a glossy look to the visuals in Contact. The 5×7 reels are set within a jungle pyramid and include animal carvings and an assortment of colourful Mayan masks. To create a winning combination, you’ll need to land a cluster of 5 or more matching symbols. The most lucrative symbol is worth 7.5 times your bet.
Contact uses a cascading reels game engine. Those cascades offer something a little unusual though. Instead of the winning symbols being removed after a winning combination hits, it’s the losing ones that disappear. The cascades continue as long as a new matching symbol joins the winning clusters.
You can boost your payouts with multipliers of 2x, 3x or 4x which become live if you manage to fill rows 2, 4 and then 6 with matching symbols – this is called the Win Multiplier feature. There are 2 main feature rounds in Contact.
Bonus Round feature – to activate this feature, you’ll need to get all the way to the top row with winning symbols. 3 free spins are then awarded. Multipliers are again in play, this time awarding boosts of 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x if you fill rows 2, 3, 5 or 6 with winning symbols. Fill rows 1, 4 or 7 with winning clusters and you’ll be awarded 1 of the following 3 special features:
- Block Destroyer feature – this destroys a multiplier block. Another cascade then follows which could in turn increase the potential multiplier awarded.
- Symbol Upgrade feature – 1 winning cluster gets upgraded to the next most valuable symbol.
- Extra Free Spin feature – you’ll receive 1 extra free spin here
Super Bonus Round feature – fill the whole of the grid with winning symbols to activate the second and potentially more lucrative feature. On offer here are 6 free spins. Even more multipliers are on offer during this round if you manage to fill a row with a winning cluster. These can reach up to 8x. The special features come with even more goodies attached too:
- Block Destroyer feature 3 rather than 1 multiplier block are destroyed here. More cascades and multipliers then follow. Multipliers can reach up to 30x during this round thanks to the Super Block Destroyers.
- Extra Free Spins feature – 3 more free spins are added to your total.
- Symbol Upgrade feature – winning clusters are upgraded to the next most valuable symbol. If that’s not possible, 3 extra free spins are added to your tally.
If you manage to fill the whole of the grid with winning symbols and still have free spins remaining, you’ll be in for a bonus prize. 25 times your bet is awarded for each free spin you have outstanding.
Contact is just what we’ve come to expect from a Play ’N Go video slot. The design is high spec and there’s a good range of extras on offer. The gameplay here is a little unusual so a few spins in demo mode are recommended until you’ve got your eye in.
One other thing to mention here is the variance. This is an extremely volatile game. The top payout is over 1,500 times your total bet from each free spin. Play ’N Go has created another entertaining game in Contact. Well designed, volatile and offering a nice selection of extras, it’s well worth investigating if you like high variance games. I also recommend Thunderkick’s Jaguar Temple if you like the theme.