Dragons Wins is a feature-filled, 5 reel, 40 payline video slot from NextGen Gaming. Fill meters and you’ll be awarded 3 dragon spins complete with stacked, added, upgraded or expanding symbols. There is also a pair of free spin rounds with added or stacked wilds. Stakes range from between 25p and £125 per spin.
Like most video slots in the NextGen catalogue, the design in Dragon Wins is nicely done. Set against a blue-sky backdrop, the stone reels include lower value jewels and a quartet of higher value dragons. The best of them is the devilish red dragon who pays 250 coins if you land 5 on a line. More rewarding still is the wild which replaces everything and offers awards of up to 500 coins.
At the side of the reels you’ll see 4 animated dragons, complete with a meter. Land a winner featuring that dragon and the meter rises. Once it’s full, you’ll trigger the Dragon Spins feature where you’ll get 3 Dragon Spins, complete with the associated modifier extra:
- Stacked Dragons – the most lucrative red dragon symbol spins fully stacked during your 3 Dragon Spins.
- More Dragons – any dragon symbol that hits transforms into the gold dragon. Gemstones can morph into the gold dragon too.
- Dragon Reels – all dragons transform into the green dragon which fill reels 2, 3 and 4.
- Expanding Dragons – all dragon symbols become purple dragons which can expand to fill whole reels when they hit.
- Get 3 scatters during a dragon spin to win 3 more Dragon Spins.
Onto the main attraction – land 3, 4 or 5 of the scatter symbol and you’ll win 4, 200 or 2,000 coins. You’ll also activate 1 of the 2 free spins features:
- More Wilds Free Games feature – you’ll receive between 10 and 15 free spins here. On each free spin, selected symbols transform into wilds. Landing 3 or more scatters triggers another round of free spins.
- Wild Reels Free Games feature – the total number of free spins awarded here ranges from between 5 and 10 free spins. Any or all of the middle 3 reels can turn totally wild on each free spins. Land the scatters for a re-trigger.
Finally, there’s the Dragon’s Fire feature – any dragon can repeat its win 3, 5 or even 10 times if it breathes fire at the right time. This feature triggers randomly in the base game.
The design team at NextGen Gaming has created another good-looking video slot. The features stack up pretty well too. We had to wait a while to trigger them but enjoyed some solid results when we did. As far as volatility goes, we’d put Dragon Wins in the medium to high range.
The cartoon dragons won’t be to all tastes. If you don’t mind the cutesy theme, there’s enough gameplay on offer to make Dragon Wins worth a spin. If you want something more volatile, you cannot go wrong the iconic Medusa or the cult favourite 300 Shields (both by NextGen Gaming).