Along with zany, wacky is one of the scariest words in the English language, so we were a little apprehensive firing up Wacky Panda. What japes have Microgaming got lined up for us in this 3 reel, 1 payline game? Well not many actually as this is in fact a super simple fruit machine with a cuddly panda theme. Play on your desktop, tablet or mobile from between 1p and £15 per spin.
Visually, Wacky Panda is well put together. A lush green jungle forms the backdrop to the reels which are enclosed within a bamboo frame. You’ll see a selection of fruit and funky pandas spinning around the reels. Winning combinations are created when you land 3 of the same symbol on the game’s single payline in the middle of the reels. This is what you can expect when you do land a winner:
- 3 x grapes = 20 times your stake
- 3 x bananas = 25 times your stake
- 3 x melons = 30 times your stake
- 3 x mauve panda = 40 times your stake
- 3 x blue panda = 60 times your stake
- 3 x purple panda = 120 times your stake
- 3 x yellow panda = 300 times your stake
- 3 x melon panda = 1,111 times your stake
- If you land 1 or 2 of the melon panda anywhere you’ll receive a prize of 10 or 15 times your stake
That’s all she wrote as far as gameplay goes – there’s precisely zilch on offer in the way of features. If you like your spins to come with the occasional sprinkling of free spins, the odd pick me round or a wander around a cash trail then you won’t find any of that here – for that, the superb Avalon II from Microgaming should do the trick.
Wacky Panda has more in common with an old school fruity machine than a modern video slot. The design here is very good and the manga-style visuals are nicely done. As far as volatility goes, it sits somewhere in the medium range. Wacky Panda isn’t particularly wacky on the gameplay front. It’s a super simple game. If you’re looking for basic, well designed action then it’s worth a look.