Transformers Battle for Cybertron Video Slot Review
Transformers Battle for Cybertron is an IGT video slot with 5 reels and 40 paylines. You will play with 60 coins and can play from 60p to £600 a spin. It’s based on the factions of transforming alien robots looking for peace. The Hasbro franchise features toys, comic books, video games, films and now a slot game. The Battle for Cybertron is prior to the Transformers arriving on earth with the Autobots and Deceptions engaging in a civil war.
The game has a FreeFall Symbols feature which means that you can win again and again on every single spin. When you have a winning spin, the winning symbols disappear with the empty spaces filled as symbols fall from above. This means you can win again from the new combinations that may occur. This repeats until no winning combinations appear.
Transformers Battle of Cybertron benefits from 5 Mystery features which are triggered at random. These features see symbols destroyed and replaced by new symbols falling from above. However, Grimlock and Shockwave won’t destroy wild and bonus symbols which is good. Here are the details:
- Optimus Prime destroys all Deception symbols (Megatron, Shockwave & Deception logo symbols)
- Megatron destroys all Autobot symbols (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Autobot Logo symbols)
- Grimlock burns away a random formation of symbols
- Shockwave blows up a random formation of symbols
- Ratchet may appear when you have 2 Bonus symbols & gives you a 3rd to trigger the Free Spins Bonus feature
The main attraction (and real value) is the Free Spins Bonus feature – this is triggered by getting a Bonus symbol on reels 1, 3 and 5. The FreeFall Symbols feature applies here too! Here you will get to choose from 4 characters. They offer you varying free spins amounts as well as different multipliers. Megatron and Optimus Prime give you bigger multipliers whilst Shockwave and Bumblebee give you more free spins. Here are the details:
- Megatron – 5 free spins with 8x-10x multiplier (randomly applied)
- Optimus Prime – 8 free spins with 4x-10x multiplier (randomly applied)
- Shockwave – 12 free spins with 3x-5x multiplier (randomly applied)
- Bumblebee – 15 free spins with 2x-4x multiplier (randomly applied)
What I like about this feature is that you can choose the volatility so to speak. I’ve played all 4 characters and my biggest wins have come from Megatron despite only getting 5 free spins. For example, I won nearly 80 times my stake on my first spin with Megatron with a 10x multiplier. Overall, I managed to win nearly 200 times my stake. Results with other characters have varied quite a bit but the bigger wins will come from Megatron or Optimus Prime.
One thing I must say, Transformers Battle for Cybertron is fantastic when it comes to graphics, animations and sounds (feels like you’re in the game). However, the game is medium/low variance in my opinion so not a game I would choose over the more volatile Cleopatra. It’s a great addition to the IGT slots portfolio though and one you should definitely try. Just make sure you pick Megatron or Optimus Prime in the Free Spins Bonus feature! Expanding wilds on reels 2 and 4 does help though but I’d recommend Playtech’s The Incredible Hulk where the 3 middle reels can turn into expanding wild reels!