The 1990s animated MTV slackers Beavis and Butt-Head and the latest cartoon characters to get the video slots treatment. This one comes from Blueprint Gaming and is played using a 5 reel, 20 payline game engine. As usual for a game from this developer, you’ll find classy sound and visuals as well as a wealth of extras. They include 6 base game modifiers plus 6 more triggered bonus feature that offer a variety of free spins, pick me prizes and cash trails. Play this medium to high variance game on all devices from between 10p and £500 per spin.
Blueprint Gaming usually puts plenty of effort into the look of their slots and Beavis and Butt-Head is no exception. The visuals here could come straight from the original cartoon. On the reels you’ll see lower value royals as well as a cast of characters from the show. That includes the boys of course. The top payer is the Beavis and Butt-Head logo which will get you 25 times your bet if you land 5 in combination. This logo symbol spins in stacked formation too.
Also offering payouts of up to 25 times your bet per payline is the wild. This substitutes for everything bar the bonus and can hit on all 5 reels. There’s a massive range of features on offer here, starting with the Couch Your Cash feature which can become active on any base game spin – here’s what you’ll get:
- Die Fly, Die! – Overlay wilds are added here
- Cornholio Wilds – Whole reels can turn wild if you land this.
- Colossal Couch Fishing – 3 reels can morph into one to create a giant 3×3 colossal symbol.
- So Nacho – Nacho symbols all transform into the same symbol.
- Butt Flambé – More bonus symbols are in play here, making a little easier to trigger the Bonus round.
- Some Like It Hot – Land this modifier and you’re guaranteed to land a big win.
As well as the 6 Couch Your Cash modifiers, there are 2 others that can also go live following a spin. You could see symbols removed and new ones dropped in to create a new winning combination. Alternatively, you could bag an instant win prize.
Beavis and Butt-Head also comes with 6 triggered features. Land 3 Bonus symbols on the same spin then pick from the TVs to see which of the bonus features you’ve been awarded. If you don’t like what you’ve landed, you can try and gamble your way to a better feature. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Don’t Be A Buzzkill Bonus feature – select from of Beavis and Butt-Head to reveal a cash prize or increase the Kill-O-Meter. Fill the meter and the picks stop with the feature ending. You could also get upgraded to another bonus round here.
- Customers Suck! Bonus feature – this is a variation on the pick me round. Choose from the food boxes. Different foods award instant cash awards. Hope to find a Golden Burger which offers extra prizes. The round continues until you pick 3 worm burgers.
- ‘B’ Or Not To ‘B’ Free Spins feature -in this free spins round, either Beavis and Butt-Head will turn wild on each bonus game. Hope to see special overlay symbols land as these can trigger Super Spins where both of the boys are wild.
- Maxi Mart Free Spins feature – more free spins are on offer here. Look out for the special Maxi Gulp wilds. Land 1 of these and any other symbol position where a Maxi Gulp wild has previously hit turns wild again. Again, overlays can come into play, this time locking the Maxi Gulp wilds in position for 3 Super Spins.
- Super Cornholio Free Spins feature – Cornholio joins the action here, appearing from toilet cubicles to turn reels wild.
- Just Deserts Bonus feature – the big cash trail bonus is triggered by landing 5 Bonus symbols on the initial triggering spin or by getting an upgrade from 1 of the other feature. Work your way along the desert trail accumulating cash prizes as you go. Hope to land on an oasis as this delivers a special extra. Reach the final destination intact and any wins you’ve acquired receive a Super Big Money Multiplier boost.
Blueprint Gaming certainly don’t do things by half when it comes to their branded games. Beavis and Butt-Head looks and sounds excellent and there a huge range of extras available. If you like plenty of variety from your games, then you won’t be disappointed here.
The medium to high volatility means there are still decent winning opportunities too – up to 500 times your bet on every spin/free spin. The whole Beavis and Butt-Head phenomenon passed us by. That doesn’t really matter in this video slot version.
Even if you’ve never heard of the animated duo, the range of modifiers and bonus features make this cartoon adaptation well worth a view. If you want video slots based on TV shows, NetEnt’s Narcos and Microgaming’s Game of Thrones should be sufficient.