eCOGRA stands for e-Commerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance and was formed back in 2003. It’s a non-profit organisation that’s purpose is to protect players by focusing on fair and responsible gambling. They maintain these standards by reviewing and monitoring the approved operators on a constant basis.
eCOGRA is completely independent which means they are not influenced by any operator. As a result, eCOGRA certification is very reputable as this means operators offer the highest levels of professional conduct and superior operating standards.
They currently work with 25 leading software providers and nearly 70 gaming operators. Only 13 software providers have been accredited by eCOGRA so far – this is known as the eCOGRA Certified Software seal. Only 145 online gaming sites have been awarded the eCOGRA Safe and Fair seal though.
eCOGRA is an organisation that carries a seal of trust with players. Their mission is as follows:
- To protect players by ensuring the operators adhere to their fair gaming and responsible operator conduct.
- To inform players of their responsibilities, rights and finds via press releases and on their website.
- To resolve any disputes or issues between approved operators and players.
- To provide best operational and player practice standards (eGAP) for the software providers and accredited operators.
- To ensure standards are upheld via reviews, monitoring and inspects of the operations – this includes efficiency, dispute policies, customer support, responsible and fair gaming.
- To improve operating standards in online gaming by maintaining and introducing new practices which ensure player safety.
- To alert players that certified sites conform to eCOGRA’s Safe and Fair Seal.
What does this mean for you?
eCOGRA approved casinos maintain the highest standards when it comes to their players. Think of eCOGRA as an independent organisation that looks out for your interests at all times. You can rest assured that your personal and financial information is safe. If you ever come across any issues with an eCOGRA approved site, eCOGRA will act as a mediator in order to resolve any problems you may have. They will act in complete fairness and above all, quickly.
eCOGRA certified operators must conform to monthly payout verifications which are in turn published on their websites. They check bet and payout transaction information that they have access to via their dedicated servers. This shows you that there is no way an online casino can act immorally and do wrong by their players.
As a casino player, you have lots of choices to play at. An online casino displaying the eCOGRA Safe and Fair seal is as safe as they come. Bear in mind that having this seal on their websites is an honour and something they need to work hard to achieve and maintain.
Find this article interesting?
To read more articles like this, visit our News section.